2013年9月12日星期四

Cherry Bourbon Lemonade #SundaySupper

Shake up some Cherry Bourbon Lemonade and enjoy the rest of summer with this sweet-tart drink. 

030208N6b I wasn’t kidding when I said the other day I’m not ready to give up my summer fruit.  Another summer has passed us by and somehow I feel like I still haven’t made the most of it.  Why is it I only made it to the beach while on vacation but not at home? Or how about a trip to Eastern Long Island to visit the wineries?  Two summers in a row and I still never found the time!  Let’s also talk about the fact that cherries barely made an appearance in my house this summer!  Shameful!


9638152201 9b3e919e67 o Since it seems like New York switched seasons on us a bit and gave a chilly August and now a hot Labor Day weekend, I’m just going to pretend that there is still time to squeeze in all that I’m meant to do. After all, summer isn’t actually over for a few more weeks! So yes, I’m going to continue to make my fruity cocktails and continue to say “hey let’s go to the beach”! Although in reality, only the cocktail will happen!


9641389446 1b327baa8a o


9638155553 b3ae1d6286 o So how will you spend your Labor Day? Reminiscing about your summer or perhaps throwing or attending a backyard party? Whatever you end up doing #SundaySupper will take care of the food part and don’t forget to mix up a big batch of Cherry Bourbon Lemonade.






5.0 from 3reviews

 



 



Cherry Bourbon Lemonade #SundaySupper



030208N6b  


Author: Susan Palmer

Recipe type: Drinks

 




Ingredients


  • 1½oz simple syrup (see notes for recipe)

  • 1½oz fresh lemon juice – about 2 lemons

  • 1½oz bourbon

  • 4 fresh cherries, pitted and halved, plus extra for garnish

  • 3 dashes of bitters

  • sparkling water or club soda

  • ice



 




Instructions


  1. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice pour in the simple syrup, lemon juice and bourbon. Shake well.

  2. In a collins glass, add the cherries and bitters and muddle together just until the cherries start to release some juice.

  3. Fill the glass with ice and strain the cocktail from the shaker into the glass. Top with sparkling water or club soda.

  4. Garnish with additional cherries, a lemon slice and a twist of lemon peel.



 




Notes

To make simple syrup – in a small saucepan over medium heat, mix equal parts sugar and water until the sugar dissolves. For two cocktails ¼ cup sugar and water will provide enough syrup.


 



 



9638153539 fbeb966775 o


 



Cherry Bourbon Lemonade #SundaySupper

Cherry Bourbon Lemonade #SundaySupper

没有评论:

发表评论