2013年8月22日星期四

020535oVT


Who turns down a refreshing summer cocktail, especially a pretty one? Some folks will turn their nose up at anything but the classic margarita, but I’d suggest a sip of this fresh raspberry margarita might win them over.


I adapted my recipe from one in this month’s Cooking Light  for a batch of gooseberry margaritas. I’m not certain I’ve ever seen a gooseberry here in San Diego, but the CLrecipe suggested raspberries as a substitute – and those I could find, of course. I cut back on the sugar, increased the Grand Marnier and decided to stick with salt only on the rim – no extra sugar or ground red pepper. I have discovered that you really want a salted rim with a fruity cocktail to balance the sweetness. I should switch out the sugared rims for salted in my recipe for watermelon margaritas…


At the last minute, I dropped the club soda. I wanted the cocktails as undiluted as possible, so I used stemmed glasses, a cocktail shaker and did not serve the drinks over ice. Because our martini glasses are packed away during our house remodel, I found these wine glasses that date back to 1922, when my grandparents married in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I seldom use them, terrified one will be broken, but thought they would be perfect for our raspberry margaritas.


TIP: Chill your glasses in the fridge for several hours before serving the cocktails.



Print

Fresh Raspberry Margaritas



Author: Liz the Chef



Prep time:  

Total time:  

 




Serves: 6 four-ounce cocktails


 



A twist on the classic margarita, using fresh raspberries and Meyer lemons.


Ingredients


  • 2 cups fresh raspberries,

  • ¼ cup white sugar

  • ¼ cup water

  • ½ cup Meyer lemon juice

  • 1 cup white tequila

  • 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier

  • 3 tablespoons sea salt

  • 1 Meyer lemon wedge



 




Instructions


  1. Chill 4 martini glasses – or any stemmed glasses large enough to hold the cocktail.

  2. Place raspberries in a food processor and purée until smooth.

  3. Using a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Heat just until sugar has dissolved. Pour into a bowl, add the mashed berries and allow to cool.

  4. Force the mashed berries through a fine sieve to remove as many seeds as possible.

  5. Combine the berries, lemon juice, tequila and Grand Marnier in a pitcher. Chill in fridge at least 2 hours.

  6. Pour sea salt into a small plate.

  7. Rub the rims of each martini glass with the lemon wedge.

  8. Dip and twirl the rim of each glass in the sea salt.

  9. Pour 2 cups of the margaritas into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, reserving the rest of the margaritas for refills. Shake for 30 seconds, strain and pour into prepared glasses.






没有评论:

发表评论